Located at Baltray, formerly a fisherman’s village at the mouth of the River Boyne, north of the medieval town of Drogheda, Co Louth Golf Club was established in 1892.
The golf course sits on a 190 acre site of seaside links terrain and has built a reputation of being one of the finest and most enjoyable courses in Ireland. The present layout remains largely unchanged from the design laid out by renowned course architect Tom Simpson in 1938.
The course has two nine hole loops. A remarkable feature of the layout as it winds its way through the dunes is that the player seldom feels that any two holes play in exactly the same direction.
Gentlemen have the option of testing their skills from a number of different teeing areas, ranging from Championship Blue tees (7,031 yards) Medal/White Tees (6,716 yards) and the more benign Green Tees (6,338 yards), while the Ladies course, played from the Red tees, presents a strong challenge at 5,873 yards.
Executive Golf and Leisure
2 Inverallan Road
Bridge of Allan
Tel: + 44 (0) 1786 832244
Sign up to Executive Golf and Leisure to receive all our latest golf packages and offers.